CUNY Career Training Scholarship Opportunity
A new scholarship fund, generously supported by the Helena Rubinstein Foundation, is designed for individuals enrolling in adult and continuing education programs.>br>
It is open to individuals who seek to advance their careers through learning and gaining new skills, and who do not have access to other sources of funding that can pay for tuition and fees. They may be single courses, or part of a certificate program that includes several courses.
Scholarship funds can cover tuition and fees for a course or program you intend to participate in, and will be paid directly to the CUNY College where you enroll.The scholarship can cover 50% of your tuition and fee costs, up to $1000.
If you have already begun a certificate program, and have paid for courses in that program out of your own pocket, tuition and fees already paid will be considered as part of your 50% match.
These scholarships are intended to support career advancement for individuals.While exceptions may be made, particularly for those educated in other countries, scholarship awards will generally not be given to those with more than 60 college credits and/or an associate degree.
If you are awarded a scholarship, payment will be made directly to the college where you enroll. Scholarships will not cover the costs of books, materials, equipment or other course-related expenses.
- A complete application package must include:
- 1. A cover sheet signed by the Dean or Director of continuing education at the college where you plan to enroll
- 2. An Adult and Continuing Education Scholarship Fund application form
- 3. A personal essay of up to two pages
- 4. A copy of a pay stub from your place of employment, dated within the past three months
- 5. A letter of recommendation from a current or former work supervisor is not required, but may also be included with your application
- Deadline: October (for courses starting in the Fall); January (for courses starting in the Spring). Please check website for updates.
- Amount: Up to $1,000
- Please visit: http://www.bmcc.cuny.edu/ce/upload/CUNY_ACC_scholarship.pdf for application and/or additional information.
- Please mail or email completed application packages to:
Office of Academic Affairs
City University of New York
535 E. 80th Street, 6th Floor